Textile artist, professor, Vilnius Arts Academy Vice Rector for Studies; actively participates in contemporary art exhibitions and projects in Lithuania and worldwide.
Eglė Ganda Bogdanienė was born in 1962, graduated from Vilnius Academy of Arts, Textile department, improved her Professional skills in Helsinki University of Art and Design , West Dea College of Arts, Konstnarern Kollektiv Verkstad in Stockholm, Tasara weaving centre in India, ect. She has 30 solo and more than 100 group exhibitions throughout Lithuania, USA, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Poland, Dominican Republic, Sweden, Latvia, Estonia,Taiwan, etc. She is a professor and vice rector for studies in Vilnius Academy of Arts and member of Lithuanian Art Association. She is writing publications, academic papers, working as curator and expert of art study programs. Her artworks have been widely recognised and awarded in numerous exhibitions and competitions.
1980 Vienožinskis Art School
1985 Higher education: Vilnius Academy of Arts (VAA), MA degree in in textile art and design
1993 Internship at the Helsinki University of Art and Design (Finland) – courses Modern textile printing technologies.
1990 Teacher of Textile Department, VAA
1994 Silk screen printing courses Konstnarern Kollektiv Verkstad Stockholm.
1994 Classical tapestry weaving courses in West Dean College of Art, England.
1999 Lithuanian Artists’ Association (LAA), Council Member of Textile Section
2002 Head of Textile Department, VAA
2003 Intership at the Helsinki University of Art and Design by Leonardo da Vinci programme (Introduction to computerized weaving looms TOIKA).
2009 Traditional weaving and printing courses in Tasara weaving center, India.
2008 VAA Senate Member. Chair of the Science and Art Committee in VAA Senate
2008 Associated Professor of VAA
2011 Chair of the Study Committee in VAA Senate
2011 Vice Rector for studies, VAA
2011 Professor of VAA
2012 Member of international ArtInTex network
● 1995 Exhibition “Soft Form”. Lithuanian Artists' Union Prize for the work “Paradox”
● 2001 X International Biennial in Lodz. Special jury prize for work “Coffee Table Cloth”.
● 2001 International Exhibition “Soft World”. Diploma of II degree for the work “Is It Safety for Teddy Bear?”
● 2004 Lithuanian Textile Biennial “Savi marškiniai arčiau kūno”. The prize for new technologies in textile art.
● 2005 I International Kaunas Art Biennial “Textile 05”. Certificate of recognition and professionalism for art work “Awakening”.
● 2005 Exhibition “The clock”. LAA Award for the art work “Good Morning, Darling”.
● 2006 II Lithuanian Textile Art Biennial “Trasa”. The prize for professionalism.
● 2009 International Biennial of Mini Textile “Šimtmečiai ir akimirka”. Diploma of II degree for the work “Married and Dead On the Same Day”.
● 2009 III Lithuanian Textile Art Biennial “Jungtys”. Golden Shuttle for the art work “Suit for the Prime Minister” (co-author Jolanta Vazalinskienė).
● 2012 International Mini textile exhibition „Banality and Grace“, art work „Baby“, Award for Professionals.
● 2008 The exhibition “Contemporary Lithuanian Textile Art”. Museum of Casas Reales, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
● 2008 m. Exhibition „Textile Kunst aus Litauen“. Frauen Museum, Bonn, Germany.
● 2009 International exhibition „ Essen in der Kunst“. Galerie im Traklhaus, Slzburg, Austria.
● 2011 International Kaunas Biennale’11, Personal exhibition „Imaginations“ National M. K. Čiurlionio, Kaunas Art Gallery, Kaunas.
● 2011 International exhibition „TSAI-MO FAN EXHIBITION“, Taichung City Dadun Cultural Center, Taiwan.
● 2012 m. 5th International Biennial of Contemporary Art “Aluminium”, Azerbaijan National Museum, Baku, Azerbaijan (Aluminium, 5th International Biennial of Contemporary Art, Baku, Azerbaijan).
● 2013 m. Personal exhibition „Turning into Venus, turning into Monster“, gallery SVU, Bratislava, Slovenia.
● 2013 m. XIV International Triennial of Tapestry, Lodz, Central museum of Textile, Poland.
● 2013 m. Art Moscow 2013 17 th International Art Fair, Central house of Artists, 10 Krymsky Val, Moscow.
● 2013 m. Contemporary Lithuanian textile exhibition „LTextile. New Textiles from Lithuania“, Philadelphia Art Alliance, Philadelphia, USA.
● 2014 Art Vilnius, Litexpo art center, Vilnius.